Students of one SLIIT campus are allowed to use the Library of another SLIIT campus for reference while Academic staff is eligible to borrow books from any campus they teach.
To borrow books one has to become a member.
To become a library member a student have to keep a refundable security deposit of Rs.3000/=.
Such student will be registered as a library member who has the borrowing rights. Members have access to core text books, reference books, general reading materials, CDs, DVDs and etc.
Students who have library membership are allowed to borrow one book for a period of 5 days. Books on high demand will be issued for overnight use during the demanding period. Books issued for the weekend may also vary depending on the demand during that period. Post Graduate students are allowed to borrow one book for a period of 7 days.
If a member student needs to borrow more than one book at a time he/she is allowed to do so after depositing an additional refundable deposit of Rs. 3000/-
Download Registration Forms
Refund of the Library Deposit
Students may claim the refund of the security deposit after handing over the duly filled application form available at the library. Application for refunds will be entertained at the end of a semester during periods that will be announced periodically.
Accordingly a student may request for a refund:
- At the end of the course for which he/she is registered
- If he/she no longer wishes to continue with the borrowing facility
(such applications should be forwarded at the periods mentioned above)
However if a student leaves SLIIT for any reason, such student may claim the refund at the time of leaving.
Members are required to return books on time. If a book is overdue a fine of Rs. 115/- per day per book will be charged. Absence is no excuse for delay in returning a book.
In case of illness a medical certificate issued by the SLIIT Medical Officer or a recognized Government Medical Officer must be submitted as a proof. This rule will apply to both students and all members of the staff.
Replacement of Lost Library Material
Please informed the librarian at earliest possible.
If a book is lost or need to be replaced, the borrower responsible should pay the replacement cost of the book and any other appropriate charges as determined by the SLIIT Management.
- A user may be permitted by SLIIT to replace the lost item with an identical one acceptable to the Librarian within one month.
- The person responsible will be required to pay to SLIIT the replacement cost of the particular item + 50% of the value of the book.
- If the item lost/damage cannot be replaced, the user will be required to pay a replacement cost as given above and also any other additional charges as penalty as determined by SLIIT.